Some Personal Notes on the Well

                  (June 2, 2022) 

         This well - staple and free. 
         It’s all we have, 
         so well for who thirsts or waters, 
         perforce either a ⁺drawer: 
         Phone. Laptop. 

        ‘Give me your phone!’ 
         Yell. A gun. 
       ‘And your laptop.’
       I gave him.
      ‘Move back.’ 
       He left. 

   Now all in the world nigh ends - decaying
   I draw from the well no more 
   The Dark Ages? 
   Oh no! Maybe Medieval. 
   Yes, eon. 
   Tell me which, please. 
   Well, here some agony. 
   Drifting further afield. 
   Pray the end is well. 


+A drawer is a tool that is used to draw water from the well.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Library

My Review of Chinweizu Ibekwe's Anatomy of Female Power, published in 1990.

OVERSEER J.O Ọ̀JẸ̀LẸ́YẸ: OUR PARAGON OF EXCELLENCE